February has arrived. We have officially conquered one month of the year… but more importantly, we welcome Black History Month with open arms. We honor Black History EVERY DAY at Chic Studios, not just one month.
Black History Month is an annual observance where it is also known as African-American History Month. It has received official recognition from governments in the United States and Canada, and from February 1 to March it stands loud and proud. But let’s remember it’s important to honor history always!
One way of many to honor Black History Month is to support Black-owned businesses, brands and beauty artists. Our Chic Studios staff has provided some of our personal favorites.
- Danessa Myricks
- Pat McGrath
- Tanaya Johnson
- Fredrick Sanders
- Aina Lee
- Sir John
- Romero Jennings
- ‘I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings’ by Maya Angelou
- ‘Beloved’ by Toni Morrison
- ‘The Color Purple’ by Alice Walker
- ‘Negroland’ by Margo Jefferson
- ‘The Hate U Give’ Angie Thomas
- ‘So You Want to Talk About Race’ by Ijeoma Oluo