Halloween is approaching! Time to get creative and spooky with some Halloween makeup! At Chic Studios LA, we absolutely love to recreate some of our favorite looks ranging from comic book characters to movie-inspired looks for this spook-tacular season. We encourage everyone to have some fun to achieve the looks, which include a full face and body makeup! Here are some of our favorite Halloween looks and how to get creative with them!
Makeup credits by Cassie Lomas/Clip2Art
- With a flat brush, apply white foundation (generous like couple of layers and avoid eyes)- apply on the tip of the brush to create a flawless look with Clown White by Mehron or Makeup For Ever.
- Outline all around the eyes to the temples with black gel eyeliner Makeup For Ever Aqua Black Waterproof liner– to color in the eyes, use flat brush and flick with light strokes to create the illusion of feathered eyes.
- With an angled brush, draw out the line from the eyes towards the bridge of the nose with Black eyeshadow Urban Decay – Blackout
- Use Black liquid eyeliner to go over the black eyeshadow – Urban Decay Perversion Felt Tip.
- Use Black mascara to accentuate those lashes- Maybelline Blackest Black Mascara.
- Have a White eyeliner to line the waterline – Makeup For Ever Pencil in White eyeliner.
- Use a contour powder to contour hollows of cheeks with fan brush with Cozzette Infinite Contour & Blush Palette.
- Paint in lips with Black lipstick Fenty in Uninvited. It is best to use a precision brush.
- Apply white liquid eyeliner to draw in feather strokes in eyes with Stila Stay All Day Liquid Eyeliner.
Credits by Kimberly Nec
- Prep your face with foundation Color Pop No-Filter foundation — very matte and would hold color well.
- Apply concealer to dark circles and any blemishes with — MAC Prolongwear concealer
- Draw exaggerated sad-looking arched eyebrows with eyebrow gel (draw a dimple between the eyes to accentuate the sad look) – NYX Control Freak brow gel
- With a black liquid liner — Inglot #77 gel liner, draw outlines on your nose, cupid’s bow (curves between nose and mouth), chin, cheekbones, jawline, neckline, and collar bone.
- Line your eyes with black eyeliner pencil – Makeup Forever Aqua XL pencil – and create a longer, exaggerated lash line and draw on fake lashes (for the top and bottom of the eyes). Draw a fake eye creases.
- Line the bottom waterline with White Eyeliner – Kryolan White contour pencil
- Paint in lips with Lipstick- Makeup forever Flash Color Red. Add a white sheen on it with white eyeliner. Then use the same lipstick and the base of a fine brush to create dots around your face.
- For an added bonus, complete your comic book look with a colored wig!
Credits by JoolMakeup
- To moisturize your face, use a skin primer– Benefit Pore Perfecter.
- Trace orbital bone with MUFE Aqua XL eye pencil in Black. Fill in with MAC Blacktrack. Set lid area with MAC Violet pigment.
- Use MAC Face and Body paint – White to coat your face and neck– highlight with MAC White Paint Stick. Avoid eye and nose area!
- Wear lashes to make your eyes pop with MAC #35 lashes.
- Trace tip of nose with MUFE Aqua XL liner in Black – Fill in with MAC Blacktrack.
- Create teeth lines with MUFE Aqua XL Liner in Black.
- Decorate sugar skull with MUFE Aqua Xl pencil in Black and color in with cream makeup from MUFE Flash palette.
- Add extra flare by adding different color crystals that you can find at Michaels stores. Adhere with Duo Eyelash Adhesive.
Credits by Elicia Aragon
- Moisturize your skin with Elf Water Balm Moisturizer.
- Apply your foundation with Mac Studio Fix Fluid.
- Put concealer on dark circles and other blemishes with Mac Prolong wear concealer.
- Set your foundation with powder Hourglass Veil Setting Powder and Mac Studio Fix Powder in White.
- Apply light red/purple eyeshadow onto the creases, inner and outer corners of your eyes- MAC Vibrant Grape and Passionate eyeshadows.
- Go into the eye creases even more with dark red/purple eyeshadow to create definition-MAC Shadowy Lady.
- Increase intensity by adding black eyeshadow into the creases once more- Inglot gel liner #77.
- Dab white shimmer eyeshadow onto the center of the eyelids to create contrast-Mac Crystal Avalanche. Then highlight on the brow bone and inner corners of the eyes.
- Draw on super exaggerated cat eye with black liquid eyeliner- Kat Von D Tattoo liner.
- Apply generous coats of black mascara L’Oréal Lash Paradise.
- Then set false lashes- Ardele Studio Effect Demi Whispys.
- Draw on dark eyebrows with brown/black eyebrow gel – Elf Beautifully Bare Brow Gel in Dark.
- Contour cheekbones, forehead and jawline with contour powder-Dior Backstage Contour Palette.
- Paint lips with plum/dark red liquid lipstick- Mac lipstick Sin.
- You can put on rhinestones on your face. Go to Michaels Crafts and find some inexpensive crystals for bedazzling and use Duo Latex Free lash glue to adhere to face
- You can put white face/body paint to draw on stripes if you don’t have a costume- Kryolan TV Paint Stick in White.
Now that you’ve got the ingredients to create the looks, take pictures of your look and tag us on instagram @chicstudios #chicstudios! We love to see what you can come up with!